05 August 2005

Day Trip Number Three

Back to Creswell Crags for our cave tour ... It was actually pretty cool. The boys really enjoyed it, especially seeing the examples of kinds of tools the Neaderthals would have used and the bones of the animals that lived (and died) there. Thank goodness they gave us those helmets though. We had to practically crawl through a short tunnel to get to the main chamber, and as short as I am, I still managed to bang my head a few times.



Afterwards we headed over to Clumber Park, but the boys weren't as keen on it as I'd hoped. There wasn't much to see, to be honest, though when we were walking through the Pleasure Gardens, they had a wonderful time speculating on which trees would be the easiest to climb. That kept them entertained for a long time.



Don't ask me why, but Jack has to have his arm around Ricky whenever they have their picture taken together, and even more surprising is that Ricky doesn't complain! A few seconds of brotherly love, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home