07 August 2005

Taking the Monsters to the Peak District






I've just spent three hours walking up and down hills in the Peak District with Ricky and Jack! All that walking and fresh air has made me sleepy, not to mention it's given me quite an appetite. Not a good thing when you're on Weight Watchers, but I'll cope!

The funny thing is that we climbed up these rocks, and while I knew we hadn't climbed the highest peak in the area, I thought we were fairly high up. When we went back to the car, I looked to see just how high we'd climbed, and I was embarrassed to see we'd only gone up a small hill. Okay, it was a rocky and steep hill called Owler Tor, but it wasn't the conquest I'd imagined it. Still, since I did it with the little monsters, I suppose it was quite an event!

The Longshaw Estate really is a good place for taking families. The paths are pretty sturdy, and as long as you watch the kids, the rock climbing isn't too bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Looks like you've been having lots of monstrous fun. :P :D

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home