08 August 2005

Getting in My Jeans

About six weeks ago, I ordered a new pair of jeans from the Next catalogue in a size 16, my "usual" size. When I tried them on, I couldn't even get them past my thighs. I think this was one of the key events that led me to going onto a proper diet.

I packaged them up to return them to Next, then forgot to post them. That's typical for me -- absent minded as always.

But last night I thought I'd give them another go and see how much of myself I could stuff into those size 16 jeans. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got them easily past my thighs, onto my hips, and zipped up!

Okay, they aren't comfortable, but I didn't have to lie down on the bed and pull the zipper up with a coat hanger! I can remember my best friend doing that back in the early 80s when the tighter your jeans were, the better, so long as they were designer jeans. I never could find jeans tight enough back then.

I did remember her trick with the coat hanger, and over the past couple of years, I've used it myself. Last night I didn't have to. Maybe I'll be moving down to a size 14 soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home