15 September 2005

And The Future Is In Their Hands?

I did a few hours work on my campus this morning, stapling flyers and stuffing envelopes for one of the university departments, and because parking is hard to find and expensive once you do find it, I did the Park N Ride thing and took the tram.

On the way home, I was joined by a group of six secondary students who, as part of their PE course, were meeting their teacher and the rest of their class at a golf course. As the tram neared, the kids started looking out the windows to be sure they didn't miss their stop.

When the golf course came into view, one teenage girl said, "Oh my god, it's outside!"

A future leader, if I've ever seen one.

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Can you imagine the structure needed for an indoor golf course? O.O The length, breadth, and height would be absolutely astounding!

4:47 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

It's not like golf courses are rare in this part of the country! I have two 18 hole courses within walking distance of my house (bearing in mind my walking distance nowadays is about four to five miles).

I wonder what that girl thought they were as she passed by ... "Oh look at the pretty park! Why are they trying to grow those little white flags in the middle of that grassy bit?"

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home