10 September 2005

Whatever Happened To ...

Every now and then, someone will just pop into my head I haven't thought of in ages, and it happened again today. A couple of years ago I struck up an online friendship on the Fiction Addiction website to "Veritas", a guy whose real name was Ron Braun. I remember he recommended that I read "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt because Ron was from or lived near Savannah, Georgia, but even though I bought the book, I still haven't managed to read it. Then suddenly, he disappeared. Unfortunately all our correspondence had been via personal message on the FA website, and I never got his email address! I did get the webaddress for his real estate business (he wanted me to see his picture because he said people told him he looked like David Duchovny!), but I'm always reluctant to contact people through their places of work.

Well, maybe I'll send him a Christmas card this year.

Or not. I just checked and I must have deleted the link! Time for Gary's mantra: "Google is my friend. Google is my friend". Ah, found him!

6 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Google is your friend, but has become my betrayer! LOL :P :D

10:35 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good! :-(

11:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you finish "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", would you blog what you think of it? I keep seeing the book in the shops but am not sure whether to buy it.

1:30 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

No problem, Claire, I would be glad to. :-)

7:38 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

I only said that, Melinda, because of what has happened sometimes when I have used Google as my primary means of translation, instead of my French course, or my dictionary. As a search engine, Google rocks. :)

3:00 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Ahhh, I see! I thought maybe someone you didn't want to hear from tracked you down via Google, or something like that! LMAO

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home