25 September 2005

Family in Texas Okay

I finally had word from my dad about the members of my family in Southeast Texas who were affected by Hurricane Rita. Everyone is fine, thank goodness. My grandmother has a hole in her roof over her bathroom, my cousin Wes has lost all his outbuildings, and some roads are hard to get through without cutting through the fallen trees and branches first. No one in Tyler county, where my grandmother lives, has electricity. I don't think my aunt Glenda has been back to her house in Buna to see what damage there might be there because they evacuated to my grandmother's house in Woodville.

But the most important thing is that my family is safe!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that.

Thankfully my cousin was out of the firing line too from what I've heard.

11:05 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

My dad sent me a link to the Lufkin, Texas, TV station (http://www.ktre.com/) that has video clips of news items on the area where my grandmother lives. It's strange seeing her town on there after all these years (I haven't been since 1998). Lufkin is actually the town where I was born!

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home