24 September 2005

Rita Hits Land

Thank goodness my "cuz" Rick in Houston is safe! Rita took a turn east and made land near Sabine Pass.

Unfortunately, Beaumont took a huge blow (literally). My Great-Aunt Will lives in Beaumont, so I'm hoping she headed for safer land north. My Aunt Glenda lives just outside Beaumont in Buna, which, according to the map published online by the Texas DPS, was outside the high risk area. I'm sure she still had some stiff winds blowing her way.

It looks like Texas was more prepared than New Orleans had been for Katrina. Thank God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Not yet, but the news reports I've seen say that FEMA is reporting no fatalities, so I'm sure I'll hear something soon. I'm trying to get in touch with my dad in Dallas and see if he's heard anything. :-)

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home