05 September 2005

More on the Hurricane

Is anyone else tired of seeing politicians giving press conferences? It's almost as if being seen to visit the devastated areas of the states affected by Hurricane Katrina is more important than actually doing something about it. My advice is get off the telly and get busy. I'd rather see a politician say, "Sorry, I can't speak to you right now" than see them spend all their time in front of the cameras defending what they've either done or not done.

Yes, I have to agree with George Bush on one thing: give as much as you can to the Red Cross. I'm hoping to do just that when payday arrives.

But to George Bush I have to say: charity begins at home. Your people need you. Don't abandon the people of Iraq who are innocent of the reasons for the war that has been raging around them, but for heaven's sake, the fact that you diverted funds away from the necessary repairs to the levees in New Orleans in order to bankroll your "war on terror" should be telling you something now. I'm sure there are a lot of funds you currently send to the Middle East that can be brought back to the US taxpayers who gave it to you in the first place.

I might live in the United Kingdom, but I still have a vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home