15 September 2005

The Weekend Ahead

The day I've been looking forward to for months is almost here! The Mark Webber Supporter's Club is having their annual karting event in Kent, and I'm heading down south for it. My friend Lynn is looking after Malorie and Braden, and Ricky and Jack will be at their dad's, so we're leaving tomorrow morning after taking the kids to school, then staying in a hotel in Essex for a night so we don't have to drive the 200 miles to the track on Saturday morning.

It's not just that I'm going to get to meet up with the great people I've come to know through the MWSC, though that's great in itself. No, what I'm so excited about is the fact that Mark will be there and will be racing against us in the karting event! My favourite Aussie! (Oops! Second favourite Aussie!) Fortunately I'm on a team with two other girls, Karen and Kate, so it should be a really good laugh. I was worried I'd be put on a team with two ultra competitive blokes who wouldn't appreciate the fact that I'm a rubbish kart driver! I haven't been in one since 1987, which should be an indicator of my abilities.

Simon's supposed to be charging up the camcorder batteries and getting it ready to go, and I have my camera and the spare digital camera ready to go. Hopefully I should have a few good pics to post when I get back home Saturday night.

Now you know one of the reasons why I've been dieting so faithfully lately. When the MWSC got together in July before the British Grand Prix, I had only been on my Weight Watchers diet for two days, and when I saw the pictures other people took of me, all I could think was, "Geez, I look like a big pink marshmallow!" At least with the 18+ pounds I've dropped since then the chances of that happening again are slimmer (as am I). I'm not wearing pink anyway.

Oh, and Simon's going along with me, but he's green with envy because he doesn't get to participate. I offered to buy him a club membership for his birthday/Father's Day/Valentine's Day, but he declined. Now he's kicking himself. He'll have to watch me going round in the kart, racing a real F1 driver, while he's standing track-side with the cameras.

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

If I read one more marshmallow comment, I think I'll scream! :P

4:44 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

LMAO I know, I know ...

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home