20 November 2005

My Reality TV Fix

In general, I hate reality TV shows. Most of them are total rubbish. I don't watch "Pop Idol" or "X Factor", and I absolutely refuse to watch "Big Brother".

But ...

Tonight my one reality obsession starts. "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" It's stupid. It's cruel. It's my favourite. The family has to relinquish control of the television in the living room for the next two weeks or so while B-list celebs deal with creepy crawlies, heat and near-starvation in the jungle of Queensland, Australia.

I know. I'm sad. Pathetic even.


Antony Costa, boyband singer from "Blue"


Carol Thatcher, daughter of former Prime Minister Margaret


David Dickinson, antiques expert


Elaine Lordan, who used to be on "East Enders"


Jenny Frost, girlband singer from Atomic Kitten


Jilly Goolden, wine expert


Jimmy Osmond, the youngest Osmond and brother to Donny


Kimberley Davies, former "Neighbours" actress


Sheree Murphy, former "Emmerdale" actress


Sid Owen, another former "East Enders" actor

My faves at the moment are Carol (despite her mother and my liberal leanings) and Sheree, though I can't say I dislike any of them. Elaine seems like she's a whinger, but she's also been taking out of the jungle to hospital, so I hope she's all right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's terrible, isn't it? Every year, without fail, we all vow not to want another bunch of losers, has-beens and never-weres make fools of themselves in the jungle, and three days in, everyone'll be going, "Could you BELIEVE what XYZ did last night???"

At least I can save £3.10 by not buying Heat for the next two weeks, because that's all that'll be in it.

First impressions are that this year's show will be a bit bland - they don't have a real "nasty" character like Johnny Rotten this year. Maybe one of this crew will come out of their shell and throw a serious strop early on. Jimmy Osmond hasn't a clue who he's among, so he has no preconceptions of what his fellow contestants are like and might just be the one to lose his temper early. (Doesn't he look like Garry Shandling from The Larry Sanders Show? "No flipping!")

As usual, I'll say I'm not interested in the show this year. As usual, in two weeks time I'll be missing my nightly fix.

12:53 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Ditto! I've already had one quick gossip with someone (I don't even remember who!) about Elaine going to hospital, etc. Two weeks of this ... Bloody hell!

7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home