13 November 2005

Where Did I Go Wrong?

It's Sunday evening, and I'm chilling out in front of the telly watching the replay of the V8 Supercar race from Australia. Mark Webber is doing some of the commentary.

Malorie has just looked at me with a disgusted look and asked why I can't find a "girlie" hobby like shopping. I've told her this is a girlie hobby. I'm a girl. It's my hobby. Therefore, it is a girlie hobby.

Where did I go wrong? I've tried to raise her not to believe that she's limited by her gender. She can do anything she sets her mind to. And she wants me to take up shopping as a hobby.

If she only knew that part of the reason I'm watching is that Mark's voice gives me chills, she might understand, but I'm not going to tell her that. She thinks I'm weird enough as it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home