23 April 2006

Nice Girls Don't Always Finish First

I'm having my own private pity party today. Well, that's what we used to call it when I was a kid: a "pity party". That's where you sit there and feel totally sorry for yourself. I'm having that kind of day.

Why is it that the nicer you are, the worse you feel? I know I don't have a lot to offer except my personality, which I'm not feeling very confident of at the moment, but to some people, it's just not good enough. I'd probably get further by being a total bitch instead of the nice, soft, easygoing person I've turned out to be.

Whoever said you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar wasn't right when it comes to my life. I grew up believing that, when I should have been taught to treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen!

I'm sure I'll snap out of this low spell soon. Another quirk of my character.


A friend from my school days sent me this in response to my posting the same thing on MySpace. I hope it works on here as well:

-----------------Girls-------------------
------------are like apples-------------------
--------on trees. The best ones-----------
------are at the top of the tree.--------
----The boys don't want to reach------
---for the good ones because they ------
-are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
Instead, they just get the rotten apples-
---from the ground that aren't as good,
but easy. So the apples at the top think
-something is wrong with them, when in
--reality, they're amazing. They just
---have to wait for the right boy to-------
----- come along, the one who's-----------
----------- brave enough to-----------------
-----------------climb all----------------------
----------------- the way---------------------
-----------------to the top--------------------
---------------- of the tree.------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much to add to that except I know how you feel....
Hope we both will get over it soon!!

And your friend is a wise woman!

Take care, hang in there and you are in my thoughts.

Love,
Diana

P.S. I absolutely love the photo's!!

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin up! Even if other people and circumstances get you down, just remember yo've got a lot of people that love you to bits....

*hugs*

4:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home