06 April 2006

My Reputation Continues to Fall ...

I discovered yesterday that my reputation for being a whore seems to be following me around. I ran into Dennis, my former criminal law tutor and the person responsible for me going to Europe in February, on campus yesterday. It was the first time I'd spoken to him since we returned from the trip.

First, he couldn't get over how much weight I've lost. He was one of the few people who noticed I'd lost any weight at all back in October when classes first started. I said it was partly due to being in hospital recently, but also due to the fact that I'm now single.

He replied, "Yes, I heard that you left your husband because you slept with Trucker in Brussels". (Trucker is his nickname for Rich since he's a lorry driver.)

Unfortunately, with Dennis, if you don't have a snappy reply instantly, you'll never convince him of the truth, so after I hesitated he just grinned and asked if I'm still seeing him. I gathered my wits together enough to tell him that Rich has been a wonderful friend to me lately. I don't think Dennis believed me, especially when I walked over to a table with my coffee in time for Rich to show up and ask me if I was ready to leave! We've been sharing driving duties since we live fairly close to each other.

Oh well. Rich thought it was funny anyway.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're such a slut, Mel - what ever are we going to do with you!!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Tell me about it! You guys should be glad not to have me chasing all the men in Texas! ;-)

11:02 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

You know, that's a silly way to judge what is or is not the truth. ~shakes head~

3:26 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oh well, I'm having a laugh over the whole thing. :-)

2:35 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Well, keeping a good humour about it is a good thing. :D

3:12 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

What's the alternative? I've got enough heartache at the moment without worrying about what small minded people think about me. Besides, the person in question in this instance always prefers to think the worst. I ought to know, I spent a week hanging out with him in Brussels last year! LOL

3:13 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Besides, the person in question in this instance always prefers to think the worst. I ought to know, I spent a week hanging out with him in Brussels last year!
Sheesh! I know exactly how that feels. I spent 7-8 years with someone like that. :/

9:40 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yeah, been there, done that too! :-)

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home