11 May 2006

Sunburnt!

One exam down, two to go! I've made significant progress on my dissertation as well. One advantage to having a laptop is being able to take it outside! I was going to go to Sheffield to the university library and study today, but not long after I set off, Rich phoned to tell me he was revising on his patio, and I was welcome to come join him. I took the laptop, turned around and headed over there. I've nearly finished two chapters with the rest of it in the works.

Tonight it's off to the pub again, not for drinking, but I'm on the pub team -- for dominos! I played my first match last night and lost, but it was a respectful showing since I lost 3-5. I also seem to have made a bit of a conquest with one of the lads in the pub. I chat to just about everyone in there, so I didn't think anything of the conversation I had with him at the time. He said something about getting a taxi to the pub where we're playing tonight, and I said I'd be glad to take anyone who needs a lift. We arranged to meet at our usual pub tonight at seven.

Later, I had a text from my friend Vicky telling me that the guy I'd been speaking to is looking forward to seeing me and asked her to give me his mobile number! Oh dear ... I have to say it still amazes me to find out that anyone is interested in me. Shows what my self-confidence is like, doesn't it?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What we all want to know is .... did you give it!!! :oþ

Good to see you are enjoying yourself!
Thats the way I like it!

11:21 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Did I give what?????? :-O

12:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your phonenumber!! :-þ

1:15 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yes I did ... But then I've given it to quite a few of my friends from the pub, so don't read anything into it just yet! :-)

3:29 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

So, the plot thickens, does it? :P LOL :D

10:16 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Nah, the guy's already chickened out after making a big deal about giving me his mobile number and asking me out. Seems he's got this ex-girlfriend he's still in love with ... Story of my life!

10:20 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Do you mind if I make a suggestion? Start by asking any male with potential, "Did you recently break up?" and, if their answer is 'yes', then ask them, "How long ago did you break up?" If it's recent (say less than a year), ask them, "Are you still in love with her?" If it gets to that point and if you've any real reason to doubt their lying ass, then say, "Don't call me. I'll call you... in about five years." :P :D LOL It might save you some heartache with blokes like that, my dear. I just don't want to see you get hurt again.

I hope you didn't think I was going to say stay away from blokes with ex-girlfriends. I'd never say that. That would eliminate too many fish in the pond, and we don't want that, do we? :)

2:25 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Malorie says to stop seeing guys with ex-girlfriends. I told her that, at my age, the chances of finding ANYONE who doesn't have at least one ex are extremely remote! And if a guy doesn't have an ex somewhere, I'll have to wonder what's wrong with him!

I need to formulate a questionnaire and have anyone who's interested fill it out before I say yes or no! ;-)

12:29 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Can I review the questionnaire? :P LOL Just kidding. :D

11:27 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hey, that might not be a bad idea! I definitely can't seem to manage this being single stuff without needing a minder! LOL

4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home