06 May 2006

Latest Stuff

Nothing can ever be simple with me ... I went to hospital on Wednesday to discuss removing my gall bladder. The consultant had to repeat my liver function test because the last two came back high. If it's still high, I have to have an MRI to see if there's a stone blocking the main bile duct. If there isn't, they can take the gall bladder out. If there is, I have to have a camera shoved down my throat, into the small intestine, into the bile duct and then they'll yank the stone out. THEN I can have the surgery. I'll find out on the 22nd when I go back to the pre-assessment clinic.

With everything going on in my life, I've managed to get a two week extension on my dissertation and coursework, but that hasn't really helped much because I have an exam on Tuesday and another one the day everything is due! How come I'm not working on it right now? I spent all afternoon sitting in the sun at Rich's house studying administrative law, and my brain has faded in the heat. Well, it was either revise for that exam at home in my living room or sitting on a lovely patio in the sunshine. Despite the fact that Rich was there, there were no distractions, so I did get a lot done. If I'd stayed home, I would have ended up watching television or arguing with Malorie!

I'm mentally exhausted, but I'm also coping better than I was this time last week! My last exam is on the 18th, and I can't wait because after it's over, I can let my brain have a holiday even if the rest of me doesn't get one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home