06 July 2006

Subtle as a Sledgehammer

I have a young admirer. Casper from the pub has followed me around like a love-sick puppy all evening. He was sitting at the table when I was telling Vicky, Baz and Bob about the guy I've sort of started seeing. I showed Casper his picture. No use, he still did the puppy act.

I was on the phone three times to the guy I really really like. No use, Casper didn't seem to care. I've never been one to stomp on someone's feelings, but I think in this case I'm going to have to stop being so damn nice and just tell him that I'm not going to sleep with him! That's because when I got home, I started getting text messages asking if I wanted to come around to his house tonight. I said no thank you. So he said how about tomorrow. I'm off to the Netherlands on Friday morning, fortunately! The latest text says that he wants to see what I'm like when I wake up in the morning. My response to that was: "My kids say I'm a total bitch". Even that hasn't put him off, so I started ignoring his texts. I've tried to be nice because he's a regular in the pub where I work, and the last thing I need is to be accused of running the punters off!

I have to admit, he's very cute, but at 25 he's just a bit on the young side for me. I have no problem with age differences. The guy I'm sort of seeing (one day I'll be able to explain why I say "sort of seeing", it's a bit complicated at the moment while I work out what's exactly going on; he seems too good to be true, and I've had a bad year of being dumped so I don't want to jinx things by saying too much) is younger than me. But he's not closer to my daughter's age than he is to mine! I think that's the main thing with me. Not that there's an age difference, but that he's someone that my daughter would fancy! And I've told the guy I do really fancy about Casper. He's annoyed, mostly that Casper won't leave me alone rather than anything that I've done. Hopefully the two of them will never meet!

I have so got to get out of Chesterfield ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home