11 October 2006

News and Views

I still haven't moved into my new house yet, but it shouldn't be much longer. It turns out that the kitchen that looked so nice through the window wasn't in very good shape, so the council had to rip it out. They're in the process of putting in all brand new cupboards, and the work seems to be going pretty quickly! I looked in one day, and the workers were ripping everything out, then the next day they were putting things in! I'm going to check again tomorrow when I'm in the neighbourhood and see if any of the new cupboards are in.

Malorie chatted with my former neighbour Lynn last week. Turns out that Lynn and Simon are now engaged, and they're trying for a baby. According to Lynn, she has ring picked out, but it costs £1000! Wow! The ring Simon bought me didn't even cost £100! I know because I found the receipt once! Funny thing is, a couple of days after Malorie spoke to Lynn, I had a letter from my solicitor to say that they've heard from Simon's solicitor. He wants money. Approximately £1000. Now, seeing as how he kept practically everything of value when we split up, including the business, electronic gadgets, etc., I wonder why he needs £1000 all of sudden?

As for my love life ... Let's see. I was seeing a guy named Steve for a bit, but suddenly he decided that it "wasn't working" for him. I've also been out with a couple of other guys who flaked out. Like Adam. I saw him one night, then he disappeared for over a week, until I had a text from him at 4.30 this morning! I'm not looking for anyone because that just leads to stress and disappointment. But I'm not ruling out that there's someone out there who is the right "one!" I'm not going to settle for anyone. There's got to be something incredible there. That just didn't happen with Steve, that's for sure!

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I hope they get your new place finished up soon, so that you can move in!

And don't worry, Mel. You'll find someone. :D

3:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the time is right love will come calling. You're beautiful, funny, caring, smart and have a million other great qualities that many woman out there are missing ...you have nothing to worry about.

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home