30 December 2004

Diary Entry

2.36 am It's almost the new year, and I'm up too damn early for the last day of it. I'm just trying to drink a strong cup of coffee (milk and two sugars) before getting dressed. The good thing about going to Gatwick this morning is that there should be very little traffic. Not a lot of people are working New Year's Eve. At least that's what I'm hoping. I've given Braden instructions on what they should do if I'm not at the arrivals gate when they get there.

1.22 pm Oh geez, I've been to Gatwick and back. It is wonderful having Malorie and Braden home, but that trip is hell. Jack never slept and never shut up. I'll write more later. Now we've got to dash to Argos and get my new digital camera and the boys' television/DVD player they're having for a late Christmas pressie.

I did a bit of shopping at the airport. I absolutely love the pajamas in La Senza, and I try to get a pair or some lingerie every time I go pick the kids up. In August they're usually having a summer sale, and this time of year it's the after-Christmas sale. I got a pink pair with satin trousers and a top that says "Purrfect". I commented to Simon that it's not an appropriate saying. He said, "Yeah, it doesn't say 'Bitch'". I agreed with him. I would have preferred a top that says "Bitch".

I also went into the British souvenir shop so Jack could spend his birthday money from Shell. I found an ashtray with a London Underground symbol that says "No Smoking". I bought it for Simon. I found a necklace styled after Elizabeth I's jewelry and got that too. I told Simon it was £39.99. His eyes bugged out. It wasn't. It was £4.99. But it's pretty. Silver with a blue stone set into it.

11.30 pm I'm gearing up for the change of year! I had a nap and spent most of the evening playing with my new camera. It's absolutely brilliant! I've just found a huge memory card on ebay pretty cheap (brand new) because the 16 mb card that came with it only holds about 33 pics on the lowest quality setting. I can tell I will be able to so some awesom pics with this camera!

Had a chat with Thom and Shell this evening. Neither is out tonight because of their kids. Well, same with me really. Jack passed out ages ago, or we would have gone up to Shell's so she didn't have to bring in the New Year on her own. She didn't complain, but I can tell she was feeling low. Allan is out on the piss, as usual. I could kick that man sometimes. He asked Simon to go out with him tonight, but Simon said he preferred to bring in the New Year with his wife. I wonder if I'll get a New Year snog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home