27 December 2004

Diary Entry

3.48 am It's no surprise that, after spending all day in bed with a migraine, I'm wide awake at almost four in the morning! It's a good thing Simon's going to go open the shop today. I'm supposed to go in later and work the afternoon, but I guess it depends on whether or not my head is any better by then. I need to start doing some work on the next two essays since they're due in a fortnight!

I've still been playing my silly game on the Playstation. I think my Melinda character must be a real tart. Everyone falls in love with her but no one wants to marry her. The opposite of my life.

12.13 pm My headache is finally about gone. I think I worked out why I had such a bad one that lasted so long. Normally my periods only last three or four days, but this time mine lasted a week. It started last Tuesday and ended yesterday. I was probably anaemic. I used to get anaemic during my periods when I was younger, but I haven't since having kids. I should probably start on iron tablets.

Simon went in to the shop this morning, and I sent him a message a little while ago telling him I would be in around one o'clock. He phoned to tell me not to bother because we're the only ones open. He's closing up at 12.30. We forgot today is also a bank holiday! The funny thing is, after he left this morning and I went back to sleep, I dreamed I was the one who went in to work. When I got there, all the other shops were closed! Sometimes I think I'm psychotic ... I mean ... psychic.

I should probably get some work done on my criminal law essay. It's due the 10th of January, with the criminological research methods essay due two days later!

5.28 pm I haven't done a single thing on my essay. No surprise there. I'm still feeling a bit yucky after the two day headache.

I've decided never to watch FOX news again. I have never heard such ignorant reporters on live television. If someone sends an email to them to say they disagree with something said in their editorials, the news anchor blasts them. I call them editorials because there is no objective reporting. At least I've never seen any. I thought their coverage of the Scott Peterson trial was pretty good, but outside legal issues, I have no respect for their journalistic integrity. Today, on a day when the death toll in the Asian tsunami had more than doubled, FOX is covering Osama Bin Laden and the war in Iraq. I have never seen more ethnocentric news coverage. The only concern they showed during the time I tried to see what kind of coverage they had was for American survivors of the "killer wave". It makes me sick.

9.10 pm Looks like Pete's back from his trip to Byron. At least I have someone to chat to now! At least until he disappears on me again.

The boys are home tomorrow! I spoke to them earlier. They had been into town so Jack could spend his birthday money. He sounded more excited over the things he bought today than he was over his presents from Santa! I can't wait to get hold of both of them for a cuddle. And it's only Friday before Malorie and Braden will be home too.

I'm trying to find out if our local Oxfam is taking clothing donations. I don't have any money to donate at the moment because of Christmas, but in the meantime I want to do something, and with all these kids, we have tons of unworn clothes around the house that can either go to people who need them or be sold so the money can go to those who need it. I did stop watching news coverage long enough to watch "Casualty @ Holby" part 2, and there's a documentary on in an hour about Charles Whitman and the University of Texas tower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home