26 December 2004

Diary Entry

10.27 pm Well this will be a very boring diary entry! I've spent all day in bed with a migraine that started yesterday morning! It's eased off a bit, but I don't want to sit here at the computer very long because it's not completely gone. All I've done today is listen to the television. I've had it on Sky News so I could listen to the reports of the Asian earthquake and following tsunamis and tidal waves. Unbelievable. I honestly wish I could jump on a plane and go help those people rebuild their lives. My hearts go out to the tourists who have had such rotten luck, not to mention those who lost their lives, but it's the native people I wish I could help. Their lives are ruined because of the loss of the resorts, farms, fishing boats, homes, etc.

Shell wanted me to go out tonight. Boy, I wish I could have gone! I really would have liked that. Unfortunately I took some tablets for the migraine and couldn't have had anything to drink, if my head weren't hurting so badly in the first place. We're going out two weekends from now, and I'm so looking forward to that!

Daniel has a new word for things he likes: "Quality!" When he was opening his presents yesterday, when it was something he really liked, that's what he would say. He liked the scraperfoil, the gift voucher for HMV and the promise we'll get him two computer games or Playstation games of his choice as soon as he tells us what he wants. We figured that way he'd be sure to get what he wanted and didn't have rather than something he would have to exchange.

Simon did go out last night. He came in just after midnight pissed out of his skull and smiling like a fool. I honestly wish I hadn't had the migraine because he looked so happy, as he does when he's had a few drinks. He usually grins like a total idiot after a couple of pints. Then he wants to dance. After that, you never know. I could have got lucky!

11.34 pm I decided that boredom outweighed the migraine so I've been playing some more on the Sims on the Playstation. My Melinda character proposed to my Simon character, but he won't consider it on an empty stomach. Geez, isn't that just like a man? The real Simon thought it was funny. He said he'd marry me (again) whether I fed him or not. There are only a few characters that the Melinda character can marry, the others are off limits. She can marry female as well as male characters, unlike in most countries in the "real world". But so far the two that seem to like HER are Simon and Peter. Talk about coincidence! I did NOT create the Peter character. He was already part of the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home