28 December 2004

My Heart Goes Out

While I can definitely say I've had a relaxing holiday weekend, I wish I could say it was full of joy. First of all, none of my kids were here. That's hard enough at the holidays.

But I've spent most of my time watching television coverage of the devastation in Asia. I just can't believe it. I honestly don't know what I can say about my feelings that would adequately describe them. I wish I could get on a plane and go help those people start rebuilding their lives.

I do feel very badly for the tourists who lost their holidays. The lucky ones who survived can come home. The natives in those areas have lost everything -- the resorts are devastated, their farms and fishing boats are destroyed, their homes are in ruins.

I've seen a lot of natural disasters on the news before, but this time I really wish I could go myself to help, as useless as I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home