28 December 2004

Diary Entry

11.22 am It's almost time to go get the boys from their dad's house! I'm really looking forward to having a big cuddle. I also had an email from my dad saying Malorie and Braden have been dropped off there. I always worry until I get that email from him.

I've done nothing but sleep all morning. I just can't seem to wake myself up lately. I'm going to have to though. I'm working tomorrow, then driving to Gatwick in the wee hours of Friday morning to get Malorie and Braden! Not to mention I have those essays I haven't even started yet!

2.28 pm I've got my littlest babies home, and they've opened all their presents. I thought maybe they'd be disappointed to have so few here after it sounds like they were up to their eyeballs in presents at their dad's house, but they seemed happy with what they got. I told them that Santa didn't have room in his sleigh to bring their big present since he knew they weren't going to be here, and he said we'll have to go to town to pick it up. They can't wait. Simon told them they have to keep their room tidy if they want it because it's going in there, so of course they've tidied up at light speed.

Arrrrgh! Simon's breaking my no-smoking ban in the living room! He says it's Christmas so he can smoke in here. I've pointed out that it's the 29th of December, but it's no use. He won't get off his butt and go smoke in his office like he's supposed to. Well, if he does it after I redecorate in here, I will flush all his cigarettes down the loo!

4.30 pm I just read one of the comments on my Scrambled Mind blog. Why is it if I make a non-political criticism about something, as I did with the Fox News channel, suddenly politics have to be brought into it? I was complaining about their tabloid journalism, not their politics. But just to set the record straight, I admit it. I'm a leftist. Not only am I a leftist, I'm also a feminist. I'm a medievalist, too. Does that count against me as well? It must because since I'm also a leftist and a feminist, I'm probably a revisionist medieval historian.

But the way I look at it, the world is made up of people with lots of different beliefs. It's why we are interesting. Never will I criticise anyone for having a different opinion to my own. I might argue or disagree, but I will never call you stupid or misguided, say you're "living in a dream world" or stop speaking to you because we don't see eye to eye. I have a lot of good friends who are at the opposite end of the political spectrum to myself, and we still manage to continue our friendships quite happily. I have family members who are also as conservative as I am liberal, and I'm still close to them. I love them all the more for having their political views and not being blown around by whatever the currently popular political wind is.

I've just realised I should have posted all of the above on my other blog, but it's still my opinion and part of who I am, so it's equally fitting here.

7.01 pm I can definitely tell the boys are home. There's no peace and quiet anymore. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would rather they be here and stress me out than be away. They are nagging me for sweets like you wouldn't believe! I think that's all they had until they got here because Jack started crying and said he'd had no breakfast or lunch today. So I quickly fixed them each a bowl of cereal and then cooked them some sausage rolls. He's not as tearful now, and Ricky isn't as hyper.

I'm in the shop tomorrow, so I'm determined to get a start on my criminal law essay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home