21 December 2004

Diary Entry

2.51 am Insomnia! I'm starting to get tired now, but I just haven't been relaxed enough to even attempt sleep yet. I've been playing "The Sims" on the PS2, which has been fun. The funniest thing happened when I started the game up, though I'm glad Simon wasn't in here to see it. I don't think he would have found it as funny. I created one character, and one character only, named Melinda. No mystery where the name came from. At the start of the game, the Melinda character is in a nightclub dancing, when she's greated by the Peter character, who asks for a kiss on the cheek, and they end up snogging on the dance floor! I couldn't believe it, and I burst out laughing, especially when it turns out that the Melinda character was only having a dream! No, Simon definitely wouldn't have found it funny, even though I did NOT create a character and name it Peter! It was already part of the game!

The dog is in on it too though. I still haven't posted two Christmas cards: Pete's and Gary's. I waited too long, and then I was worried that they'd get lost in the mass of last-minute mail going around the world, so I figured I'd wait until just after the New Year. I made sure they're more "Seasons Greetings" cards than Christmas cards. Now I need to make sure they're "Happy New Year" cards because the dog ate them. Simon left the remnants on the floor so he could see it was both cards, not just Pete's, though when I got home I showed him that I had signed all of our names to it, not just mine, and that the card was to all his family as well. He said, "Oh, I didn't look at that", but I wanted to prove to him that I wasn't lying. No hidden messages or declarations of love in there. The dog must have ate that part. Noooooo, I'm most definitely joking! Must be the tiredness. It's making me goofier than normal, and that's saying something!

Good thing I'm having the day off, with my getting little or no sleep! I'm off work in a fashion anyway. I just got another candle order. Well, four candles won't take long to make, and I've said I will despatch them on Thursday.

11.54 am I had a phone call this morning from my ex asking if I would like to have the boys for a couple of hours tomorrow evening since it's Jack's birthday. That really did surprise me. Of course I said yes! It's not even so my ex can go out either. He admitted that he got to thinking that next year he won't get to see Jack on his birthday, so if he lets me have a bit of time with the boys tomorrow, I can do the same next year. Fair enough. I can do that.

Jack would like ham and pineapple pizza for his birthday dinner. Ricky wasn't happy with the menu. I could hear him in the background whispering, "Tell her we want KFC!" but Jack's mind was made up. Their dad said Ricky's bottom lip was quivering because he doesn't like ham and pineapple pizza. I'll get him his own pepperoni pizza.

4.12 pm Oh, I am so glad I have finished all the food shopping for Christmas! Morrisons was packed beyond belief for a Wednesday afternoon. This is usually the best time to do the shopping because people are still at work. I guess everyone had the same idea though. Still, it's finished. The only thing I didn't think to get is the cranberry sauce for Sunday. I decided that having steak on Christmas day is all well and good, but it doesn't leave much in the way of leftovers. I bought the smallest turkey they had and all the ingredients for homemade stuffing. I have an awesome stuffing recipe. That's what we're having on Boxing Day. Simon says Daniel is coming then.

All I really have left to do is find my godson Morgan something. I'm sure we have something in the shop that will do for him. I sent finger paints to my niece and nephew in Texas. I'm sure my sisters will love me for that! I won't give those to Morgan though. His mum is my best friend, and friends just don't do that to each other. Family, yes. Friends, no.

11.45 pm I spent a couple of hours at Marie and Graham's. That's always a laugh. My sides are usually splitting by the time I get home! Graham and Simon went to Tesco at about 10.00, once the crowds should have died down. They came back with Simon complaining that Graham is "worse than a woman" because he goes up and down every aisle -- twice! I replied that all men are worse than women, so that was no news. We're going back over tomorrow night for a few drinks, only it turns out that we're going to play drinking games! I don't know how we're going to make it to the shop Friday morning if we do.

When we got home we discovered Mitch didn't appreciate being left alone. He pulled Jack's birthday cake off the counter, ate the box, pulled the icing off, and left the cake sitting in the middle of the floor! I was devastated because I wanted to be sure Jack had a proper birthday cake today and not anything Christmassy, but I don't know how I'm going to replace it with all the crowds in the stores tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home