20 January 2005

Diary Entry

5.11 am I've managed to sleep for about an hour or so. I keep rolling over on my bruised hip. I'm sure Simon's not going to be thrilled if I can't go work in the shop for a bit. He doesn't like working a whole day for some reason. I think it's because he can't do all the stuff he doesn't on his computer at home on the one at the shop. I hope that made sense because I'm so sleep deprived, I don't know what I'm saying exactly. I've definitely got to get up with the kids in the morning (as if it isn't morning already!) because it's the only chance I'll get to see Ricky on his birthday. He actually sent his dad a text message asking if I could pick him up for a couple of hours at dinner time so he could have a special dinner. Awww, bless him! His dad rang to tell me he already had plans, and I told him I hadn't even known about the text until after Ricky had already sent it. Ricky can pick out what he wants for his special dinner Monday night.

Not long now until it's Malorie's 16th birthday. Oh my god. I feel so old. Not to mention that once her birthday is over, it's my birthday five days later. I don't want to have any more birthdays. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any presents, even though Simon has already told me what he wants for his birthday. His birthday is in August.

10.01 am Aww, bless him! Ricky is in such a good mood because it's his birthday today! He came and woke me up this morning at 8.15. Evidently Braden didn't wake them up, and Simon slept through his alarm. I fell asleep on the couch because of my hip, so I never heard anyone's alarms going off. I had to get Jack up, which was quite a chore because he tried to convince me that he didn't get any sleep last night. I knew otherwise. He snored his head off for more than nine hours. Simon didn't want to get up either and was in a bad mood when he finally did get up. He's just left for the shop. I've only had two hours' sleep, and I'm not half as cranky as he is.

2.57 pm I managed to get some sleep once the house was quiet. Even the dog let me get some rest. Simon came home for some lunch, so I returned the favour of making him something to eat. I cooked hot dogs. Well, I'm not feeling up to moving much. It seems every muscle has decided that it's going to scream in pain now. My neck muscles are sore, though I didn't realise it until I tried to turn around to speak to Simon. I'm not sure he believes me when I say that I'm in pain. He doesn't look very sympathetic, although he hasn't said anything.

10.18 pm I slept most of the afternoon away. Since I don't want to take any more pain killers, it's probably my body's way of shutting down so I can heal. Now I'll probably be up all night and wrecked in the morning when I have to get up and get ready to go work in the shop. At least I don't have to do anything except sit there. If someone wants something off a top shelf, they're out of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home