01 January 2005

My Charity Auction

In my feeble attempt to try to raise money for charity, I have started a charity auction on ebay. I am auctioning 12 of my handmade candles, with the payments being made out directly to OXFAM. All I have to do is forward the cheque or postal order to OXFAM when it arrives, and I send the candles to the winner. I'm not even charging postage to the winner. That's free.

I put links to the Disaster Emergency Committee and OXFAM on the auction page so that people who aren't interested in bidding on the candles might make a direct donation. It's more to get the word out than anything else. Maybe others will do the same and put something more valuable up for auction.

This isn't an attempt to get anyone reading my blog to bid on my candles, unless you want to do your part to raise money for the tsunami victims in this way. It's my way of saying I wish I could do more, and I'm trying to come up with ideas that I can pass on to others. But if you do decide you're interested in bidding, the money is going to a good cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home