31 December 2004

Diary Entry

12.36 am Happy New Year!

I got a New Year snog from Simon at the stroke of midnight. I managed to nag him off his computer to come in the living room with the rest of us. Poor Jack, he slept through it, but he refused to take a nap all day today.

Malorie, Braden and Ricky all had some Buck's Fizz. Braden drank mine and then Simon's as well. I only wanted a sip to toast the New Year. Ricky only drank a few sips. I knew he wouldn't drink much of it. I took some pictures of the kids with their drinks. Malorie is worried her dad will see them, but it's mostly orange juice so I don't see a problem there. She only had one small glass. It was Braden who drank three!

12.58 pm I wish I could say I had a great night's sleep, but I didn't. I didn't get out of bed until almost noon. The dog had me awake at 4.00 and 7.00, and I had more really weird dreams that made me restless. This time I dreamed Simon and I were offered a chance to move to Florida so I could take up a job my friend Shelley was offering. I didn't think the job sounded very good -- it was as a cleaner -- so I refused. Because I refused, Simon left me. I moved in with some friends into a house next to a shop, and it turned out Simon lived in the shop because I could see the dog through the window, so I took the dog and left him a note saying that the dog was safe. It got weirder than that, but I don't remember the details, just a feeling I was on my university campus, it was very dark, and I was having to do something I didn't like. Oh, I do remember part of it now. Shell's ex-brother-in-law John was there, and he was chasing me.

I've been playing with me new camera again. It's just a shame that the new house phone I bought doesn't seem to be working. It means a trip back to Worksop, but that's okay, I guess. I need to get the boys some new trousers for school and for home. They grow too fast.

3.42 pm I've created my New Year's goal list and put it on my other blog. Simon had his own addition for it, but I said it was a bit embarrassing if my family read about his fantasies and my goal of granting them!

I've ordered my Euros for my trip to Brussels. At least if I have them now, I won't have to worry about saving up for them closer to the trip. It's only next month anyway. The exchange rate isn't bad at the moment, though I'll bet now that I've ordered them, the pound will go up. It always works that way.

7.08 pm I got bored and told Simon I wish we could go out tonight. He suggested we go up to see Shell, so I checked to make sure she was in. She was, but she said she and Allan aren't speaking. Simon decided he wasn't going to go, though I went anyway. Evidently Al stayed up until after 5 this morning drinking, then thought he would be okay to drive the family to her sister's for lunch. We've decided that, at this rate, Al's liver and Simon's lungs are going to give up, so we better take out life insurance policies big enough to let us have some fun once they're gone! Simon spends so much time on the computer that he chain smokes. He's up to over 40 a day, I'm sure.

Morgan was being a little monster. I told him I know Santa is already watching him for next Christmas, and I'll bet he's already on the naughty list. He argued with me but I could tell he was worried.

8.22 pm I'm bored. I've fed all the kids, the hubby and myself. Now I'm sitting down at the computer with a drink (Bailey's, as usual) and some chocolates. Obviously the goal to lose weight isn't starting today. My parents sent a box of Hershey bars, and my sister sent a box of assorted Hershey's Kisses. I know, I don't have to eat them, but my will-power is not strong when it comes to things I come across so rarely. I haven't had a Hershey's Kiss since my parents brought a bunch of them over to put on the tables at our wedding reception two years ago.

I wish I had even a small portion of the energy the kids have. Ricky and Jack haven't shut up or sat down since they woke up this morning. They're shouting into the walkie-talkies Jack got for his birthday.

Time for more internet shopping! I need to find the boys a new chest of drawers for their bedroom now that they have a new telly that doesn't sit on top of one and warp it. I'm hoping it will give me an excuse to go to my absolute favourite store in the world: IKEA! I haven't been in months, so it's about time I had a drive down to Nottingham for a fix. Last year I bought all new bedroom furniture for my bedroom from there. It's gorgeous, and it was so easy to put together! I got two wardrobes, a cupboard, a chest of drawers and two bedside tables. The only things in our bedroom not from IKEA are the bed and my bookshelves. Yep, I definitely need to go to do some shopping there, but for now I'll settle for a browse of the website.

Hmmmm, I can't tell for sure but I think the lady giving out the weather report has said we might have snow tonight. I can't tell from her graphics whether or not it's coming this far south. She did say not to travel if you don't have to, which will rule out a drive to IKEA if it does snow here! For once I hope it doesn't snow!

10.02 pm I'm still bored. I'd work on my essay, but the kids are stressing me too badly. I can't concentrate. So I'm bored and stressed. Great combination. I couldn't even watch "The Vicar of Dibley", and it was a brand new episode. Jack kept coming in and standing between me and the television. Simon isn't on his computer tonight. Instead he's on the couch snoring his head off. I'm trying to think of something interesting to write about.

I found a chest of drawers I like on the IKEA site. I found a lot of stuff I like on the IKEA site. I shall have to resist. The boys do need that chest though. I love looking at the names of their products! A candle snuffer is "Slutlig". That's hilarious! Reminds me of a few women I know!

I've got to remember that at 12.30 tomorrow afternoon, ITV is showing highlights of the 2004 F1 season. I recorded all the races this year onto DVD. Last year I got all but one race. One day I'll have quite an extensive library of races. I'm hoping to make covers for each DVD to show the order of finishers on the back and a picture of the track on the front. It'll give me something to do next summer while I'm sitting in the shop with no studying to do.

Well, I'm bored, telly's boring, no one is around to chat to, so I'll go play on the PS2. I know, I'm not only bored, I'm boring.

12.21 am I think I need to get back to studying in the morning. I need mental stimulation. Even playing on "The Sims" on the PS2 is boring.

I had a message from Pete saying that he can't get on the FA forum anymore. I was only on there earlier today, but sure enough, after reading his message, I tried and it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Since that's where I first made contact with Pete and Gary, it seems a shame to not have it anymore, but at least I have their friendships now. It's more nostalgia than the fact I'll actually miss posting on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home