11 February 2005

Idiots of the Week: Midnight IKEA Shoppers

Okay, a store advertises that at it's grand opening, they will be selling three piece leather couches for less than £50. You show up at the store to see at least two thousand people in the "queue" (actually a mob) in front of you. Before you even get that far, traffic is so congested you have to park your car on the side of the major ring road. BUT you still join the mob, hoping that the store has at least a couple thousand of these couches in stock.

I'm a major IKEA fan. It is my favourite store in the whole world. My bedroom is IKEA, and if I had a chance, my whole house would be IKEA. But if I'd seen that many people there before me, I would do a U-turn and head home. There are bargains, and then there are insane shoppers who want something for next to nothing. People keep saying that it is the management of the store who are to blame and have a lot to answer for. I say that the crowds should accept some of the responsibility. Sure, IKEA handled things badly, but was that any reason to act like madmen and press forward. They're lucky there wasn't another Hillsborough.


SkyNews.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home