04 March 2005

Diary Entry

4.10 pm I can't believe how rotten I feel today. I guess I overdid it yesterday because I got up this morning to get ready for my EU law lecture, and felt like shit. So I laid back down and got up in time to get ready for my crim research methods seminar. I started getting dressed and felt so rough that I crawled back into bed. I did email my tutor first, but I'm sure he's not going to be impressed. I'm struggling with the assignment in this module as it is. Simon finally came and woke me up at 2.40! I didn't realise how late it was. I guess my body needed it though.

I've done some more checking into the MSc in Forensic Criminology. It's one year and costs, at the present, £3120! Ouch! I'm going to have to start saving and researching some funding! I know I can pay it in installments, but those are still some big installments! I really want to do it though. One of my goals in life was always to get a masters degree. Why should I give that up? Simon isn't completely thrilled about the idea, but he's more ambivalent about it than anything. He won't stop me if I want to do it.

We have another Malorie drama going on. She came in from school a few minutes ago looking like the world had come to an end, so I asked her who's been beating her up this time. She didn't answer me, but started banging her forehead on the fridge (softly, I might add). Turns out that the boy she fancies (this week) Pandy has a girlfriend as of today. How do you convince a 16 year old that the 14 year old she fancies is a tosser anyway? It can't be done.

I've given in and taken the codeine.

7.34 pm I decided to spend the afternoon on criminal law, and I figured that, because all my notes and readings are a complete muddle, I would start from the beginning and revise between now and the exam in May. I'm desperately wanting to pull my grade in that module up after the pathetic mark I got on the essay. I've read three chapters of the text book and made a start on the fourth, all despite the agony in my jaw. Not bad. I suppose that's what motivation will do. I'm going to see if I can find someone to help me get my head around how to answer problem questions properly.

Ricky must have come by after school today but didn't come in because I had a Mother's Day card pushed through the letter box from him this afternoon. That's really depressing. He didn't even come in to say hello, and I won't get to see the boys on Mother's Day. I'll bet Daniel doesn't come this weekend either, though I know I'm not his mum.

9.25 pm Well, I'm getting excited now! First qualifying for the new F1 season is tonight, and free practice starts in half an hour! Thank goodness we have a regular satellite dish as well as the digital one because we can get German channels. Okay, I don't speak German, but I don't need to to see the cars on track and read the times as they come up. This new qualifying format is beyond me, but I'm sure I'll figure out how it works before too long.

I cooked "Croque Madames" for dinner tonight. They weren't as good as the ones I got in Belgium, but definitely filling. Unless you're Simon. He was complaining he was still hungry after I cooked. When Malorie does that, he says she's greedy. When he does it, it's because I haven't fed him enough. He's lucky I cooked at all because I still feel like shit.

11.50 pm I ended up doing laundry and loading the dishwasher again tonight. Malorie and Braden complained that they were too tired to do dishes, and Simon's been on his computer all day. All right, yeah, I've been either sleeping or studying most of the day, but considering I'm running a fever, I think I've done pretty damn well. I'm just feeling bitchy.

2.48 am Ahhhhh, a proper F1 fix! First qualifying isn't over yet, but it's wonderful watching those cars go fast. Okay, fast-ish. It's raining in Melbourne so the cars are wobbling off the track occasionally, even Schumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home