04 March 2005

Something About Me #8

The Formula One fanatic in me is about to be allowed full reign! Yes, I am an F1 addict, but I don't want to enter any sort of programme to kick this particular addiction. I'm just happy because the season starts tonight with the first qualifying session in Australia!

So how far has my addiction gone? I'm watching the practice sessions on the satellite system I made Simon reconnect just for the purpose of watching practice. The commentary is in German. I don't speak German. I'm watching anyway.

I also have the laptop set up on the "Official Formula 1" website so I can see the times live as the drivers cross the line. I can't see a bit of the action, but I can watch the numbers.

I'm staying up tonight until the first qualifying session is over, which will be approximately 3.00 am. I'm staying up tomorrow night until the second qualifying session and the race are over, which is scheduled at approximately 5.10 am.

I belong to supporters clubs for two of the drivers, and I have paid to be a member! I also set up a forum for DC fans (and whoever else was interested) when our official one was discontinued. I couldn't go any longer without posting about F1! That was the longest 48 hours of my life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

You're right, finding F1 info in the US is really hard. I know that they do show at least some of the races, though not always live, because my mate Gary who frequently comments on here is an F1 fan. They even had the US GP in Dallas in the 1980s when I lived there, and the main organisers were classmates of my mother's, and I STILL knew nothing of the sport until I moved to England! I'm lucky to be living so close to Silverstone because I can go to watch testing sessions for free.

1:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home