11 March 2005

Diary Entry

6.44 pm I made it to my lecture at 9.00 this morning (only just!), I made it to my criminology research seminar, and I have been studying. I've become very boring this week. My brain is so full of my studies that I can't even come up with something witty to put on my Scrambled Mind blog. My head is absolutely full of law and criminology. I'm starting to understand all these concepts and legal principles better, but it hasn't left much room for anything else! I haven't had time or energy to chat with anyone online. I've eaten, I've slept, I've studied, I've showered, and I've done it all repeatedly.

The only drama is Malorie, as usual. She neglected to tell me that, while I was at uni Wednesday evening, Simon grounded her for ignoring him. So when she got home from school today, she came to me to ask me if she could go out, and I said yes. Now she's grounded over the weekend. She had the nerve to ask if she could stay out the rest of the evening though, and then she stood on the doorstep chatting to Ryan and Tariq when she was supposed to be in the house grounded. I really do worry about her sometimes because no matter what I say or do, I don't seem to be able to teach her to follow the rules. I assume she's better at school because I don't hear anything to the contrary, and I'm sure I would have heard by now if there was a problem, so that's a relief. It must just be my rules at home that she ignores, and Simon usually only enforces my rules rather than imposing his on what I already had established for the kids.

8.49 pm Comic Relief is tonight, so I've been alternating between laughing and crying. Talk about a fund raising effort that puts you on an emotional rollercoaster! All the top British comedians are on it, and as soon as I'm laughing hysterically, they show a film of starving/abused children and I want to bawl my eyes out.

The kids all had non-uniform days where they had to pay to be allowed to wear something besides their everyday uniform. Ricky and Jack forgot to tell their dad, so he had to swing by here this morning to let them change into something besides their polo shirts and school sweatshirts.

I've had a few laughs this week because Jamie has taken to calling me Mindy. I used to be used to it because my dad has called me that all my life, and most of the people in the village where I lived up until I moved in with Simon all call me Mindy. Richard even has "Mindy" tattooed on his arm. But since I moved in with Simon, everyone has called me Mel instead. He hates "Mindy" because of Richard, but there are a lot of other people who call me that. Well, I don't mind it so he shouldn't either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home