15 April 2005

Diary Entry

11.28 pm What a week! I am so ready to just collapse from mental and emotional exhaustion. Tuesday: migraine. Wednesday: Malorie to emergency room. Thursday: university. Today: more university. I don't even remember Monday.

I was up bright and early for a change this morning. Half past six. That's very unusual for me. Then again, I was in bed at 10.00 last night, though I didn't fall asleep until after 11. I tried to have a nap this evening, but the dog decided he was going to dig me out from under the quilt, then spun around in circles and jumped on me until I was laughing so hard I wasn't sleepy anymore.

For some reason, I've wanted to cry all day, apart from when the dog was making me laugh. Maybe it's just the stress from the last few days. I've been really uptight since Malorie was assaulted on Wednesday. I vented a bit that evening on my other blog, but I'm still very angry. I was going to stay at uni and work in the library last night until I spoke to Malorie on the phone. She didn't go to school yesterday, so her friend Leah stopped by and told her that a friend of the girl who assaulted her was threatening to assault Malorie when she came back to school. She blames Malorie for the fact the other girl was excluded. When I heard this, my blood pressure went sky high, my head started pounding, and I came home. I don't know how I managed to drive in that state, but I did.

Today she went back to school, but apart from being teased and the object of curiosity, her day was uneventful. There's word from the thug who hit her that when she comes back to school on Monday, there will be a repeat performance. I couldn't believe it when I heard that she was only excluded for two days! Malorie ended up being taken to the emergency room in an ambulance, and the girl who was responsible got two days' holiday. At least I've made sure the school is aware that I'm concerned about something else happening.

Not only was I stressed out from worrying about Malorie on Wednesday, but when the school called, I asked Simon to drive me to the school so I could go with her in the ambulance, then he would have the car so he could come get us when she was finished at the hospital. He didn't want to take me. He just said that I should follow the ambulance in the car. Yeah, and leave my scared daughter in the ambulance without me. It cost me £6.60 to get from the hospital back to the school because we had to take a taxi.

I came home early today because Simon was supposed to have sent a photocopy of the paper portion of his drivers license to his insurance company a week ago and didn't. They told him they needed it today, and he couldn't find it. Of course, that's my fault. We looked everywhere. I keep all important documents in one place, and it's not there. I haven't had it because I have no reason to get his drivers license out.

I thought it was just me, but I had an email from Jamie today apologising if I thought he'd seemed short with me this week. I hadn't realised he was. We're all stressed out from working on assignments and the regular crap that happens at home, and he's got more than his fair share. People wonder how I manage to go to uni with the kids and all that. I admire him for doing it with all he's gone through and is still going through. So, if he was short, and I didn't notice, he has every right to be.

Tomorrow back to decorating and studying. Simon has pointed out that I'm doing more painting this weekend. He also told me that I need to get on top of my studies. All this while he sits on his ass in front of the computer and complains the house looks like a "shit tip". Okay, he does work in the ice cream van almost every day. Other than that, his ass is welded to his desk chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home