15 April 2005

Things I Learned This Week

1. There's a bookmaker in the UK whose name is Balthazar Fabricius. I saw him interviewed on Sky News about the Grand National. He works for Ladbrokes. If you don't believe me, do a Google search on his name. I wonder if his parents gave him that name or if he picked it himself. Not a bad looking bloke, really.

2. A new series of "Law and Order" called "Trial by Jury" has started in the US. It's so unfair how we have to wait (and wait and wait ...) for television shows from the US to show up over here. Can't we trade the Royal Family for keeping our favourite shows up to date? I only had to wait six months for "CSI: New York" to come on over here, even if I don't enjoy it as much as I like the Miami and Las Vegas versions.



3. Prince Charles's official occupation is "Prince of the United Kingdom". That's what he put on the marriage register, and you can buy a copy of the official Charles and Camilla marriage certificate from the registrar. (Source: Yahoo News)

4. An Australian politician thinks that cane toads should be used for golf practice. They are nasty little buggers, but I wonder what Steve Irwin thinks about people going around smashing the little toads' brains out? (Source: Reuters)



5. My daughter faints at the sight of her own blood. No one likes seeing their own blood, but I didn't expect Malorie to pass out! But on the positive side, when push comes to shove, my daughter can be very mature. I am very proud of how she behaved this week when she was assaulted at school.

6. There are times when I still need my mum. I admit it. I'm 38 and when things go wrong, just hearing the sound of my mother's voice makes me feel better.

7. In Morocco, it's traditional for the King to pardon prisoners when his son is circumsized. He pardoned 7000 this week, in fact, only 1000 less than he pardoned to celebrate his wedding. (Source: SkyNews.com)



8. A finger found in a bowl of chili at a fast food restaurant in California might have been bitten off a woman's hand in Las Vegas. Call Grissom. He'll figure it out. It's too confusing for us mere mortals. (Source: SkyNews.com)


Notice this has to be British chili ...

9. Never trust my husband with important documents. He can't find the paper part of his driving license, and his insurance company needs to see it ASAP. He can't remember where he put it. I have a place where all important stuff is supposed to go. Did he put it there? Do I have to answer that?

10. McDonald's is 50 years old this week. This is despite the fact that it opened in 1948. (Source: BBCNews.com)



1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

We're just now getting the latest season of the orignal Law and Order. No telling when it aired over there.

I think the Queen is okay, but the rest of them need some serious counselling! :-)

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home