23 April 2005

Diary Entry

12.04 pm I have three essays due on Thursday, none of them are finished and I'm going nuts. The kids are so loud that I can't get anything done. I was going to stay up last night and get a lot done on one of them -- the one that counts 100% of that module's grades! -- but because I was up so early yesterday morning to go to my EU law lecture, I went to bed fairly early. Early for me anyway since it was only midnight. I did get up pretty early today, but unfortunately, so did the kids.

I'm going to have a "home office" built out in the back garden soon. It's just a shame it'll be too late to help me with this work load.

On the criminal justice systems essay, I have written 416 words out of 3500. Well, only about 3100 to go!

8.57 pm What a day! I spent most of the afternoon mowing the front and back gardens and digging up a big chunk of the back garden for the foundation of my new "office". I also had a check on the Argos website and found the exact same summerhouse I picked out from B&Q for £50 cheaper. Not too shabby.

It's not very big, but Simon said he's going to speak to Graham and see if they can't build me one a bit bigger for around the same money (or less). I'm really excited! Of course it means I need to make another trip to IKEA to get some stuff to go in it ...

I've made a bit of progress on the crim justice essay. I'm up to 687 words. The kids are still not being much help. Tomorrow night I'm going to have to go to the library for more research and to see if I can't get some work done! Sunday nights it stays open all night, and I don't have any classes on Monday. Come to think of it, I don't think I have any on Tuesday either. Just Wednesday and Thursday this week. Cool.

I've started adding to my "career" wardrobe. Okay, maybe that should be I've just started a career wardrobe. I found a gorgeous suit on sale last night -- trousers and jacket/blazer -- for £32. Beige with pink pinstripe. I was pleased with myself for getting it. And it fits! Well, the trousers are a bit tight, but I started a diet and exercise programme yesterday because I got on the scales and saw how much I've gained over the winter. Total shock.

12.01 am Okay, I'm making progress. So far 1297 words, almost double from the amount I had done at 9.00 this evening. The kids have all passed out, thank goodness, and I'm wrecked from all the gardening I did today, but I have complained so loudly about the noise they were making so I have to take advantage of the peace in the house now. I even put a sign on the living room door: "Do Not Disturb: You Have Been Warned". It didn't work. Malorie stood outside the door and shouted at everyone to come look at what I'd done. Jack completely ignored it and kept coming in here just because I'd put a sign up saying not to. That was a big help. The only person it's kept out is Simon, and that's mostly because he was at work all afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home