30 April 2005

My Joe Elliott Dream

I've always been a fan of Def Leppard, since they first became known in the US back in the 80s. I can remember the first time I saw one of their videos on MTV at my friend Elizabeth Castillo's house in Garland, Texas. It was 'Rock of Ages'. Most of my friends were absolutely mad about Rick Savage, but I have had a crush on Joe Elliott since the very beginning. I'm 38 years old now, and I still have a crush on him!

In fact, last night I had the most wonderful dream about him. Def Leppard was playing in concert, and I couldn't get tickets, so I waited outside their hotel, hoping to get an autograph. Then the band walked past, and Joe was signing whatever it was I had to sign. He looked into my eyes and asked me if I'd like to go for a coffee. Of course I said yes, so we went into the hotel and had coffee. After a while he told me he thought he'd fallen in love with me.

It wasn't a groupie kind of dream, it was really romantic. I woke up wishing I hadn't woken up. I blame the dog for that.

I know Joe doesn't live in Sheffield anymore, but I'm sure hoping that sometime he comes back and I can really get his autograph. I know the rest of it was just a dream. For now, I'll just settle for putting on the DVD of their greatest videos and dreaming a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home