10 May 2005

And the Diet Begins ... Again!

I desperately want to lose weight before July. Why, do you ask? I have a chance to meet one of my all-time favourite F1 drivers, Mark Webber. I don't know whether I'll actually get to talk to him personally or not, but in case I do, I don't want to look like a middle-aged frump.

Then there's the fact that I weighed myself recently. Ouch! At least that's what the scales were saying ...

So I want to lose a stone (that's 14 pounds to you other Yanks) and tone up some strategic parts of the body before the week of the British Grand Prix. I've started today. I've even found a free (yes, I said free) website that helps keep track of calorie consumption, nutritional data, exercise, etc. Most of them cost money -- I actually paid for a similar one once upon a time!

Fingers crossed! I've got the pedometer on my belt, and the shopping list for Tesco is being written!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck Mel.
I spent years trying to loose weight & just recently found through medical tests I have a B12 deficiency & a thyroid problem. Mind you I've been telling them for years but they took no notice of a lay person & a mere woman to boot.

Cas

10:47 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks, Cas! So far, I don't know how well I'm doing because, though I'm watching what I eat, I'm eating more than I should! LOL I have started exercising though, so maybe that will help. I'm not as bothered about the number than comes up on the scales as I am about how the package looks as a whole! ;-)

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home