06 May 2005

Diary Entry

6.09 pm I desperately need sleep but don't dare. Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching the election returns at about 11.30. I woke up at 12.30 and went up to bed. Did I get to sleep? Nope. Simon kept rolling over onto my side of the bed and banging me in the head with his elbow. Once I got him to move his arm for about the third or fourth time, he decided to kick me off the bed. Because I have PMT, I was wound up, so I came downstairs at 2.30, wide awake, and tried to settle again on the couch. Did I? Nope. It was after 5.00 this morning before I dropped off, and I was awake at 7.30. I felt absolutely wrecked and couldn't see straight, so I woke Simon up and asked if he could take the boys to school for me. He asked why, and I said I didn't get but a couple of hours. He asked why, and I explained. That pissed him off. I didn't shout, I didn't nag, I just matter-of-factly told him about the head banging and leg kicking and how I couldn't settle downstairs either. Why he was so pissed off I don't know. He said his back hurt. I got ready to take the boys to school -- then Jack came downstairs complaining of a headache. Sure enough, he was running a bit of a fever. Simon didn't believe me. He stormed around the kitchen, shouting at me that it wasn't his fault what he did in his sleep. Well, he's the one who wanted to know why I hadn't slept well! I ended up in tears, I was so tired. Ricky comforted me, being the sweet, kind hearted little boy he is, but he shouldn't have had to do that.

I sorted Ricky out AND I took him to school. No way was I going to let Simon complain about how he'd had to drive a mile to the boys' school. I did okay driving there, but my eyes weren't focusing clearly on the way home. I drove slowly. Probably pissed off a few drivers behind me.

And guess who apologised when I got home? I did. I can't handle tension. Still he's gone around like a bear with a sore head. I stretched out on the couch at 10.30 and watched Friday practice for F1, and I fell asleep at 11.00. I woke up just before 1.00, and Simon had been cleaning the kitchen. Of course, I was made to feel guilty because I'd been sleeping while he'd been working so hard and still had to go out to work this afternoon. It wasn't anything he said, just the atmosphere. So I took Jack and went to Tesco for some shopping, and after I picked Ricky up from school, I started tearing the living room apart, cleaning everything, and putting it all back together again. I've just finished. Three hours -- not bad. Must be a record for me.

When Simon came home for a break, I showed him what I'd done, but he didn't seem very impressed. While he was here, we had a motorcyclist come zooming down the road. He came off his bike in front of our house and broke half our fence into splinters. He was okay though. Fortunately he had on leathers and a helmet. That's why I don't like the kids playing on the front though. Drivers zoom up and down this road, especially the idiot who's already had his license taken off him once for dangerous driving. My ex's cousin was hurt in that accident, as a matter of fact. The idiot driver hasn't been around lately, come to think of it. Maybe he's had his license taken off him permanently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home