15 June 2005

It's Up!

My home office is here, and it's all put together and ready to be decorated to my own particular, and probably peculiar, taste! It took hardly any time at all to set up, surprisingly, and that's probably down to our friend Graham's expertise. He's the English version of Tim the Toolman.

I did my fair share. Actually, I voluntarily did the hardest bit and sent Simon to the shop to get the silicon he wanted for the windows. That'll teach him to be sexist. Graham and I put the roof on without his help. That'll teach me not to let Simon be sexist.

I spent all evening putting a wood treatment on everything inside it. Tomorrow I'm going to paint. For now, here are a few pics. More will follow tomorrow, I'm sure.


We asked Malorie to hold onto the back wall. She thought she was helping. Actually it kept me from tripping over her, bless her.


Graham works and Simon watches ...


And Graham works while Simon watches ...


Graham kept working while Simon and Malorie watched.


I think Simon was determined to keep holding it up in case it fell. He Doesn't have much faith in Graham's handiwork, I guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

How exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished completely uniquely decorated product!

4:55 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm really excited about it! Most of my interior decoration is from IKEA. LOL

9:09 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Hey, IKEA woman! IKEA man, here. :P That looks like a really damned small office. :P But you probably know better than I do. How big is it, by the way?

2:58 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Oh, and is it well-ventilated? And air-conditioned? And heated? Does it have plumbing? Have I asked you enough questions? Or should I ask more? Will one more do? How about another? :P

2:59 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hey, girl! That so rocks!!!
I admit it, I'm jealous. That's it - I'm coming over...
Good to see your family is great at supervising. I'm sure they mean well. *giggle*

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home