18 August 2005

Another Posh Spice Story

I hope no one thinks this woman is a role model for girls in this day and age. I'm not surprised, but I'm astounded that Victoria Beckham thinks that it's perfectly okay for her to admit that she has never read a book in her life.

To be honest, this woman infuriates me. She is wealthy and "famous" by virtue of a cheesy girl group in the 1990s and marrying one of England's top footballers. She has made no useful contribution to society. Had she not been one of the Spice Girls, I have no doubt they would have had the same success they enjoyed with her.

She has been a failure as a solo artist, and her fashion business doesn't interest me in the slightest. And yet she is constantly in the spotlight, usually for all the wrong reasons, although Sky New's Showbiz webpage is constantly drooling over her. (For evidence, I have to quote the caption to one photo: 'The hands-on-hip and glare to the camera combo says: "I know how hot I look in this" and dammit, she does.' From SkyNews.com)

Just read this from the Sunday Mirror and see if you agree with me.

I HAVE NEVER READ A BOOK
Aug 14 2005
Well, fancy that

By Gerard Couzens


VICTORIA Beckham has confessed she has never read a single book in her life.

The former Spice Girl has said she prefers listening to music and flicking through fashion magazines.

The startling admission means Posh, who turned 31 earlier this year, has yet to experience the joys of her husband's autobiography, David Beckham - My Side.

Presumably Andrew Morton's biography about them which they tried to have banned, and even her OWN autobiography, Learning To Fly, are also untouched on the library shelves.

And it looks unlikely she will be first to get her hands on the secret biography David's dad Ted is set to pen about his son in return for a six-figure sum.

It will add fuel to the fire of critics who argue Victoria is all money and no class.

Bizarrely Victoria, who now dabbles with fashion after turning her back on singing, has blamed her failure to read anything more meatier than a glossy mag on a lack of time.

The admission has been leaked from the forthcoming September issue of high-society magazine Chic. "I haven't read a book in my life, I haven't got enough time," she confesses. "I prefer to listen to music, although I do love fashion magazines."

She also reveals she is yearning for her next child to be a girl, who she'd like to grow up to be a junior Posh, rather than a tomboy who plays football with her brothers.

Victoria has already said she wants five children and plans to call her first daughter Luna - Spanish for moon.

She reveals in Chic: "I love being a mother and wouldn't mind having one or two more children.

"I can imagine myself painting her nails, helping her with her make-up, choosing clothes with her.

Despite being married to one of the world's most desirable men, Victoria insists she is not jealous of all the women who would die to take the England captain off her hands. "I know what other women think about him and I say to myself, 'He's very handsome, he dresses well, he's wonderful with children and he has an enormous heart. I'm not jealous. When people look at him, I think it's because he's very good."

Posh also has a dig at former nanny Abbie Gibson, who sold intimate details about the couple's life to a newspaper earlier this year. She had left the job following a row with Victoria. "We love to give presents to people and welcome them into our family," she says. "The downside is that many people have betrayed us." Victoria describes "Casa Beckham" the couple's new £5million home in Madrid, as "amazing". She adds: "When people say I don't like Spain I find it really frustrating because this is where my home is."

SOME SHE SHOULD TRY..

1 LEARNING TO FLY by Victoria Beckham: Apparently she still thinks she's written a cookbook called Learning To Fry. Now available for 50p on Amazon.

2 MY SIDE by David Beckham: Dedicated to "Victoria, Brooklyn and Romeo. The three people who always make me smile." She won't be smiling after 416 pages.

3 WHAT NOT TO WEAR by Susannah Constantine and Trinny Woodall: Then she can lend it to her sarong-wearing hubby

4 EATS, SHOOTS AND LEAVES, by Lynne Truss: A handbag-sized guide to the courting rituals of famous footballers.

5 WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T FIND GOOD HELP ANYMORE (A Guide to Finding, Managing, and Keeping Good Domestic Help) by Kathleen Koszyk Chapter on confidentiality, anyone?


Perhaps before she has that daughter and names her Luna, she should read the Harry Potter books, particularly The Order of the Phoenix, though I have to admit, I would rather my daughter aspire to be like Luna Lovegood than Victoria Beckham! Besides, it sounds to me like she wants a girl more as a fashion accessory than anything else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home