01 August 2005

Jogging

I've been really good this week, sticking to my plan to start jogging, and my stamina is increasing! I know it won't sound like much to say that I've increased the length of time I'm able to run from two minutes to four minutes, but when you weigh as much as I do and have been a couch potato for the past couple of years, it's progress!

Weigh in tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed that I've lost a couple of pounds. I've been exercising, and I haven't blown the diet a single day this week. In fact, I've saved up the maximum of 12 points this week to be spent on days I might want to go out or whatever, and I haven't used a single one.

4 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Cool! Very well done! :D

I recently gave up diet Coke and am now on my third day without it. The caffiene headaches are starting to subside, finally.

12:47 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm down to two cups of coffee in the morning, with one sugar instead of two, and no caffeine after 8.00 pm. That's something for me because I've always been a Pepsi addict!

11:43 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Good for you!

I don't mind the caffiene addiction, it was the all the problems that soft drinks appear to cause that got me started on this. Today will be my sixth day without a diet Coke. I find that amazing, since I once thought I'd never be able, or even want, to go without the carbonation. Amazing what a little information will do.

I'm now drinking tons of water... somewhere in the range of 6-9 cups per day (about 1.5 to 2.1 litres), and one caffienated drink per day (sometimes). I'm not exercising, though. Not yet. My back is still giving me problems. : / I'm hoping to have that rectified soon, though.

2:11 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

My doctor actually advised me last year to give up caffeine because I'd had some funny heartbeats. Turned out it was nothing, but I ignored his advice until recently. I figured if I could give up cigarettes and go on a diet, I could cut back on the caffeine. I had one cup of coffee and one cup of herbal tea, plus water today!

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home