17 September 2005

I'm Back From Racing!

I'm too tired to do much blogging tonight, but I had to put at least a few pics on from my race today. Wow, what a rush that was! Now I know why some racing drivers say racing is better than sex! I can't wait to do it again next year!

I am pleased to report that I only spun once when some idiot rammed me (hard) from behind trying to overtake me, but I kept it on the track, swung it around and got back to racing. I never went off, never stalled, never ran into someone else.

Mark Webber was on track the same time I was. He lapped me three times. Our team came in 20th. Yes, there were only 20 teams. We've decided next year to have shirts with "Minardi Junior" printed on them for ourselves, and I said we need to add: "We like doing it slow". But I'll bet that out of all 20 teams, we had more fun than anyone else!

Here are the pics, anyway, then I'm off to bed!


Our team: Kate, myself and Karen


England won the Ashes ... Joel is Australian ... This photo was inevitable!


Even Mark wasn't spared!


He is a lovely bloke!


Mark and Dave


I finally had my picture taken with him!


Kate said I looked like a Power Ranger when I had my crash helmet on! I was thinking more Teletubby than Power Ranger ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos Melinda! I will get the one of you looking like a Power Ranger to you asap.

You did a superb job on track! Very impressive not to spin or hit anyone. Shame the same can't be said about your teammates!! Sorry :")

Kate. x

9:58 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

LMAO That was my accomplishment of the day! You set our team's fastest lap, and I managed to keep it on the track and not drive like a pillock! ;-)

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home