18 September 2005

What a Weekend!!!!!

I still haven't come down from the great weekend I've had! Okay, I'm sore from head to toe, but I don't really care. At least I don't care as long as I'm sitting still. Getting up and walking around is another matter ...

Anyway, Simon recovered from his "lurgy" enough to enjoy the weekend as well. Imagine my shock when we got to our hotel in Basildon and I saw this across the car park:



Chili's is one of my favourite restaurants in Dallas, and I've since discovered that there are four of them in England. Unfortunately all of them are in the south, but that's probably a good thing. We ate there Friday night, and I had a huge shaker of margaritas, then we sat down to dinner. That's where I'm pretty sure I blew any chance of weight loss this week because, though I avoided having my favourite nachos for a starter, I did have an Oldtimer burger and topped it with lots of guacamole! The fries were incredible, too!

Since we were so close to the seaside, we also had a drive to Southend-on-Sea for a walk along the beach. It ended up being more of a comedy than an evening out (though it would probably have been worse if I'd had the margaritas before the walk instead of after) because the tide was so far out there wasn't much more than seaweed and muck between the seawall and the water!



I had wanted to get the kids at least a stick of rock, and I was hoping to try to find my friend Lynn something for keeping an eye on Malorie and Braden while we were gone, but absolutely everything in Southend closed at six o'clock except for two cafes! But I enjoyed the fresh sea air, as it wasn't too chilly, and it was a nice change to walk along the seaside instead of the usual trails I walk when I'm at home.

Simon at Southend-on-Sea

Simon at Southend-on-Sea

Melinda at Southend-on-Sea

Fortunately I didn't have a hangover on Saturday morning from the margaritas! We even made it from Basildon to the track in Sittingbourne an hour and a half before I had to be there for the "driver briefing". I've already posted the best of my pictures, but I have to say again that Mark was the nicest guy! He was very accessible, answered any questions (like Kate asking him what he thought of Nico Rosberg who is tipped to be his teammate the end of this season and possibly next year), and didn't hide away from his fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home