16 October 2005

Blogging Time

I guess you guys can tell that I've been busy by the state of my blog lately! I haven't even found the time to pick on the top three: Jordan, Victoria Beckham and George Bush!

I did have something funny happen this week. I went to the Law Society/Mooting and Debating Society meeting Wednesday night on campus. It was one of those fun topic debates: "The House Believes Students Are a Waste of Space".

My friend Kelly was on the side defending students and supporting the idea that students are not a waste of space when someone from the floor asked her how she could say they are not a waste of space when brainless leaders can get into Ivy League universities, namely George Bush Jnr.

Kelly's reply was, "Well, what do you expect? He's from Texas. He's a redneck."

My jaw dropped, and I said, "Um, Kelly?" Then I burst into laughter because the look on her face was priceless.

I did tell her after the debate that George Bush isn't really a Texan. He wasn't born there, so he doesn't count as a native. At least she knows she didn't offend me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home