06 November 2005

Bonfire Night Continues

"Remember, remember the fifth of November".

Well, it's now the sixth of November and my neighbours are still setting off their fireworks. They were setting them off well into the wee small hours of this morning, stopped while there was a semblance of daylight, and started back up again as soon as it was dusk.

Last year's experience put me off fireworks. We went to our friends' house, and Graham set off fireworks in his back garden. Now, I know I accuse Graham of being the English version of Tim "the Tool-man" Taylor, but he knows how to set them off safely.

Unfortunately, the people in one of the adjoining gardens didn't. The shot a rocket straight through the hedge, and had I been four inches to my left, I would have been hit full on by it. I'm still waiting for an apology. I know I won't get it though. They thought it was funny at the time and probably still do. I can remember hearing the sounds of them laughing their heads off while I was nearly pissing myself in shock.

I'm not afraid of fireworks though. Don't get me wrong, I will gladly go see professional displays, but with my neighbours (yes, those neighbours) setting theirs off for the foreseeable future, I'm staying firmly indoors! I just hope they run out soon because the sound and the smell of the gunpowder has given me a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home