01 November 2005

Stressed Out

Okay, I admit it. I'm one step away from the looney bin. Actually, that might make a welcome break, but there'd be too much to do when I got out to make it worthwhile!

My work load at uni is increasing. I expected that, and I can cope with that. I thrive on an academic challenge.

But I got home, and the first words out of Malorie's mouth were, "I've told my dad we aren't going over for Christmas and he says yes we are, there is no other option".

It's a shame I can't conjure plane tickets out of thin air. The amount he pays in child support was never great, but with the exchange rate it's ridiculously low now. I've never asked to have it increased in the years since our divorce (1995). However, it's not enough to even partially support two teenagers and pay for international flights. I couldn't have done it without my dad's help as it is, but he can't conjure plane tickets out of thin air either.

He's threatened to ring back tomorrow to "have a word" with me. I already know what he's going to say, and that doesn't change a single thing. I can't pay for plane tickets with nothing. If he wants to pay for the tickets, that's fine by me.

There is a plus side. This is the year I have Ricky and Jack with me for Christmas, and it's the year Simon has Daniel. It will probably be the last time I have all of my kids under one roof for Christmas, at least while they're kids. I think I deserve that much, regardless of what one ex-husband thinks. I'll bet my other ex-husband would actually agree with me for a change.

Well, I've decided not to let it get to me. Unfortunately it won't be long until Malorie and Braden are 18. The silver lining to that is that I don't have to fool with their dad once that happens. Halleluiah! (I hope I spelled that right, it's been one of those days ...)

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Exes! Hmmph!

Mine, when I talked to her last about seeing the boys again, said, "With gas prices the way they are, I won't be meeting you halfway anymore." Anymore? She did this once. ONCE! And, as my absolutely wonderful girlfriend said, upon hearing about this, "Does she think that gas is any cheaper for you?"

8:17 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

That sounds like my ex! After 9/11, I was supposed to send the kids over for Christmas, but being a worried mum there was no way I was sticking my babies on a plane! When I told my ex, he said I HAD to send them over, and when I refused, I said, "Why don't you come over here to see them?" His answer? "There's no way I am getting on a plane!"

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home