22 October 2005

Give Me Strength ...

Why does all the shit hit the fan at home when I'm at university? I feel stuck in the middle between two forces, and no one seems to give a rat's ass! Malorie and Braden are being typical teenagers who don't like doing chores around the house. I don't like it, but hey, other families have teenagers who are a lot worse than mine! If all I have to put up with is some attitude, then I can cope with it. I'd rather that than drugs, teen pregancy and crime!

Then the opposing force is Simon, who doesn't like the fact that they don't do as they're told when they're told. That's fair enough, but it just seems like between the kids and the husband, it's just me. The kids complain to me that they don't understand why they're in trouble/grounded/etc. Simon complains to me that nothing is getting done because they don't do what he tells them to.

Yesterday was a teacher training day at their school, so they were home. I had to go to uni to get some journal articles I need for my victimology class on Monday that aren't available online. When I got home, Simon complained that Braden spent all day on the X-Box, and Malorie spent all day on her computer. Before I could stop myself, I said, "And you spent all day on your computer". I shouldn't have said it, but it sums up what's bugging me.

The kids don't show enough respect, and Simon's on his computer almost every waking hour. Granted, he did finally move a load of rubbish off the front of the house this week that has been there for months, and he washed and polished his new 4x4. But my car still needs work doing to it so it can pass it's MOT, and I can stop making Simon take me to and from the Park and Ride.

Now I've decided (okay, I'm 95% sure) that I want to do the MSC in Forensic Criminology that my university offers. I'm realistic enough to know I can't afford to do it full-time, but if I get a job and do it over two years part-time, I can probably manage it. No one seems very supportive though. It's like, "Oh, she's not going to get a job and quit studying".

And being the non-confrontational person that I am, what am I doing about all this building up inside me? I'm blogging. But at least I've found my outlet for the stress. I've been exorcising my demons by exercising. It's hard to feel stressed when you're jogging or on the stairmaster or kicking someone (okay, kicking pads) in Tae Kwon Do. If I didn't have that, I'd probably have lost my mind by now. Properly, I mean!

Unfortunately, on the down side, I've been comforting eating the past couple of days. I seem to be hungry all the time, especially when I'm stressed. On the plus side, I'm exercising enough to cover my Weight Watchers points, but I'm fully expecting to have a gain this week when I go for my weigh-in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home