19 October 2005

The Christmas Rush?

On the tram coming home from university today, a lady sitting near me struggled to find her mobile phone in her bag. It played for a bit while the rest of the passengers around me, myself included, looked around in amazement.

Her ring tone was a medley of Christmas carols.

The shops have had Christmas items on their shelves for a few weeks now. They were available before October ever arrived. But I had really hoped to avoid things like Christmas adverts and people with Christmas ring tones on their phones!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

That's craziness! No Christmas till at least the end of November, I say.

One of my friends who works in retail has gone to calling the "holiday" season "Merry Thanksgivoween."

4:46 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I like that! LOL I'm afraid I can't use it in England, but I still like it!

I must be pathetic because, even though I've been complaining about all the Christmas displays and stuff, I've found myself picking up things for Christmas, like lights, ornaments, chocolates ... and I justify it by saying that I won't have to do it all at once in the couple of weeks before Christmas! ;-)

10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home