23 October 2005

Less Stressed Today

I slept in a bit this morning, woke up with a banging headache, went back to sleep, and then got up and cooked a big Sunday dinner. Surprisingly, I feel less stressed than I did last night. After I blogged, I told Simon that I've decided I want to try to get into the MSc programme I'm so interested in, and that I intend to get a part-time job and do my studies part-time. I did say that I could use his help by him working hard on his ice cream van when he puts it back on the road next year. He seemed agreeable.

Would you believe my step-son actually showed up yesterday, for the first time in a few weeks? I didn't believe it myself because he evidently went straight up to the boys' room, and I never laid eyes on him until this afternoon! The kids are off for their autumn half-term holidays this week, so he's staying until tomorrow.

So apart from cooking, which I actually love to do, I've been watching the A1 Portugese Grand Prix. It's not F1, but it's good racing. When the feature race is over, I'm going to go work out.

Hey, and another thing that has lightened my spirits is that last night before I went to bed, I tried on the size 12 dress that I said I wanted to get into for the Law Ball next March. Imagine my surprise to discover that it fits me now! It's a little tight in the straps, and I definitely need to tone up the tummy, but other than that it fits great! Not too tight in the sides or abdomen or bust. Now I'm wondering if it won't be too big next March! I think that dress is destined never to be worn. I bought it the month I moved in with Simon in 2000, and after that I put on weight. I gave it to Malorie to wear to her prom last year, and she ended up not going. Now, if I lose much more weight, it's going to be too big for me! It's a gorgeous dress, too. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. It might be destined for ebay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home