20 January 2006

Alternative Therapies?

Lately I've been looking into alternative therapies and natural healing. Now, this isn't to replace my local GP or anything like that, but some of these philosophies have been around centuries. My thinking is that they can't have lasted this long without some kind of benefit being found, even if it's only a mental benefit. After all, many modern medicines come from plants, herbs, etc.

I've always enjoyed aromatherapy. Maybe that's why I like smelly candles, because some of the scents can be very soothing or evoke certain memories.

The past couple of months, Simon has been suffering from boils in his armpits (I know, EWWWWWWWWWW!), and he's been on two lots of strong anti-biotics with no lasting effect. As soon as the course of tablets is over, the boils come back. Now even he is hoping that a bit of aromatherapy can at least ease the pain if nothing else. I've found that, in the midst of a gall stone attack, lavender oil is calming. It doesn't take away the pain, but it's a soothing influence.

Maybe I should tell Simon that we should realign his chakras! He might send for the men in white coats to come take me away! That would be a great holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home