19 January 2006

Procrastination Day

Today should have been a day where I caught up on dissertation research, started working on my case for the upcoming moot and perhaps did some cleaning in the living room. Now it's afer 2.00 and I'm wondering what I've accomplished today.

Sod all.

In an hour I have to pick up the monsters from school, so there's no point trying to do much work now. I could start cleaning the living room, but instead I'm sitting here blogging. What a life I lead ...

I have a partial excuse. I didn't sleep well because of the abdominal pain. I seem to be able to fight it off during the day with the codeine, but at night, once that wears off, I wake up because it's bloody uncomfortable having indigestion-like pains rip through your stomach. Perhaps I should do what I did to Ricky yesterday when he had a stomach bug.

Poor baby, he woke up throwing his guts up (a sign that he's not faking so he can stay home from school), and after a few hours of on and off nausea and vomiting, he was complaining of stomach cramps. As you do. He was fretting over them, so I got out my lavender massage oil and put some on his shoulders. He relaxed instantly. I'm not sure whether it was a lavender or the fact that I appeared to be doing something to help him, like a placebo effect. I rubbed a bit on his tummy because my aromatherapy guide said that doing that is good for stomach ailments and period pains. Well, it was Ricky, so it obviously wasn't the latter.

I guess I better lay in a supply of lavender oil. I hear the health food store in town has it in their half-price sale. I hope they have plenty left!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home