04 March 2006

Back Online

I thought that I would have serious withdrawal after being offline since Sunday night, but I think I've coped pretty well! They switched my phone line on today, and now I'm back! I've had to go with dial-up since my stay at this house is only temporary (even if that temporary turns out to be several months), but once I get a permanent property, I'll sign up for broadband again. Since I'm not downloading anything, I've been pretty surprised at my dial-up connection though. I was prepared for it to be a lot slower than it is.

Anyway, I'm obviously in my "new house" and settling in well. I've had quite a bit of time off uni this week to get things sorted out and try to get my head around all the changes. Needless to say, I've also spent a lot of time in the pub! Not one of my local pubs though because I feel a bit safer where I don't know anyone. Well, I didn't know anyone, but I seem to be making some friends there thanks to Rich! I'm hoping that they'll keep being just as friendly if I do go in there without him. Of course I probably will do just that.

Next week it's time to start getting other things sorted. I need to get in to see the doctor because I never did get an appointment through for the scan that is supposed to confirm my gall stones so I can go on the waiting list for the surgery. (I know, long run-on sentence but that's just how my brain is functioning right now!) Hopefully I can do that on Tuesday because it looks like there will be no classes due to industrial action. I know my criminal justice policy lecture is cancelled (thank heavens, that's two hours straight of yawning I'll get to miss out on!).

I've changed a couple of my 2006 goals (or did I mention that on here already?) because there's no reason why I need to get rid of the butt-ugly carpet and wallpaper in the living room of my old house now. I'm also not buying a caravan this year because I've got other things I need to get, like furniture! Rich and I started coming up with a new list of goals for me when we were enjoying a bottle of vodka Thursday night, but it's not one fit to post publicly on my blog! The things I can come out with under the influence of Smirnoff! I do know that I've promised that one day he can go to Texas with me, since he's never been to the US, and while we're there, I have to buy him a cowboy hat! Well, what are friends for?

6 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Good to see you back online, Mel. I'm sure you remember this, but I was simply amazed at how my divorce changed me,... changed me from someone who let life happen to him, to someone who wants to make his life happen. I've never been so goal-oriented as I am now! And I think that's a good thing, too.

And Smirnoff?! Try some Skyy! :P :D

1:19 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

I do remember that, Gary! I'm determined to meet the goals I've set for myself more now than ever, and while I'm doing it, I intend to have some serious fun! :-P

I think I'll go for the Bailey's next time though ... Been ages since I had some of that!

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!
Good to have you back Mel!!
I missed you on here!!

3:22 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Bailey's, eh?

A couple of weeks ago, I bought me some Guiness, some port wine, and a bottle of Compass Box whisky from Scotland (Orangerie, orange flavoured whisky). The port disappeared first. Then the Guiness. And now I'm working on the Compass Box. I've become a lush! :P (Not really.)

Today, I poured me some whisky, added to it a bit of water, and enjoyed it.

This'll sound crazy. I bought the Compass Box because I liked the bottle. Very tall. Very thin. However, it's not a very strong whisky.

As for your goals, I'm sure you can meet them! Absolutely! (Pardon the, um, wry reference to another vodka brand. :P )

3:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel

Great to see you back on here.

As for your goals - go for it, I'm sure you can do it!

8:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahey! You're back!

If only I didn't have to drive on Wednesday... :-(

Now, off to look at this altered list of goals....

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home